Assistant Controller (FT)
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Stations
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV’s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
KSTW, Seattle is seeking an experienced Assistant Controller. This position reports to, and is back-up for, the Controller. The ideal candidate will be capable of managing accounting and business functions in a fast paced environment, and possess the ability to effectively communicate at various levels within the organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overseeing the station’s general ledger, accounts payable, payroll and accounts receivable functions; annual budgeting and accurate forecasting of revenue and expenses; monitoring and overseeing expense control of the stations; proactive cost reduction leadership; partnering with Vice President/Station Manager and Department Heads to ensure that the station’s financial resources are being used in the most effective and efficient manner; ensuring stations comply with GAAP accounting theory and have proper internal controls; working with Corporate Human Resources on HR-related matters.
• Manage daily accounting functions to include: hands-on journal entry preparation, account analysis, monthly and quarterly reconciliations
• Manage PO system, capital projects tracking, film payments
• Administer HR/Payroll functions, coordinate and prepare EEO filing
• Prepare and submit Property and Business taxes, Sales Use Tax filing
• Oversee and complete semi-annual Sox Testing
• Assist with annual budget preparation and monthly forecasts of revenue and expenses
• Ensures station’s compliance with general accounting practices, company policies and internal controls
• Work with Controller to build and implement processes to increase accounting and reporting efficiencies
At least six (6) years of relevant experience in roles of increasing responsibility in finance and accounting management required. Broadcast experience preferred. Oracle general ledger experience preferred; College degree required, with an Accounting or Finance major, CPA or MBA preferred. In-depth knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost control principles and GAAP
Must be results and deadline oriented, innovative, have strong analytical skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis in Excel, have excellent interpersonal, organizational and technical skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and attention to detail.
• Broadcast or Media industry experience preferred
• Oracle and Wide Orbit experience
Must be able to sit at desk for long periods of time and operate keyboard.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled