Assistant Chief EngineerApply
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Provide support in the management of Workstations and Servers, Network Security and Network Services.
- PC/Mac/Linux hardware/software support.
- Maintain compliance of corporate InfoSec policies.
- Apply regular security updates and remediate vulnerabilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with corporate IT systems engineers and support personnel.
- Assist with the building and installation of broadcast video/audio systems, processing equipment, nonlinear editing systems, satellite downlinks and configuring digital IRDs.
- Assist with the maintenance of digital broadcast systems including 8 VSB encoders and PSIP generators.
- Assist with the maintenance of digital transmitters, MPEG video streaming systems and VOIP telephone equipment.
- Ability to back up the Chief Engineer with Chief Operator duties I.E. FCC rules and regulations, required log entries and EAS systems and logs. Experience with Closed Caption systems. Experience in the operation of spectrum analyzers and bit stream analyzers.
- Ability to understand and maintain complex signal flow diagrams. CAD experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with backup power systems including diesel generators, transfer switches and large UPS systems. Familiarity with commercial HVAC systems.
Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel, bend, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, climb ladders and step stools to maintain equipment.
Computer proficiency in MS Windows and MS Office applications including SharePoint. Basic knowledge of MAC OS X. Experience with FTP, telnet and terminal applications.
Degree with emphasis in broadcast IT
Recent Microsoft/SBE certifications
Solid understanding and experience with IBM Big Fix, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, LANDesk, Backup Exec and Dell servers &workstations. Adobe applications and Avid Pro Tools.
Solid understanding of Harris Platinum I digital transmitters, Evertz VistaLink, MVP and Overture operations and equipment, Statmon Axess, and Telestream Vantage systems.