PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Overall responsibility for competitiveness of news coverage
- Must be able to generate story ideas and be proactive when handling story tips. Researching follow ups on past stories is a must.
- Manage and coordinate coverage of news through efficient use of resources.
- Work with Managing Editor, reporters, photographers and producers to generate content for all platforms.
- Ability to write news stories for broadcast and website.
- Ability to proficiently use desktop editing and other computer systems.
- Participate in station social media strategies.
- Must be willing to work hours as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Results-Oriented, Dependable, Detail-Oriented, Courteous
PREFERRED MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field.
· 1 to 3 years in broadcast newsroom, desirable.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.