Anchor / Reporter - Philadelphia MarketApply
CBS3/KYW-TV and CW Philly 57, the CBS-owned and operated television stations in Philadelphia, have openings for on-air Anchors/Reporters. Preferred candidates will have extensive anchoring and reporting experience, outstanding writing and verbal communications skills, possess a comprehensive understanding of television news production, and be able to handle live breaking news both in the studio and in the field. Candidates must be adept in interviewing and have impeccable news judgment. Anchor/Reporter will be required to contribute special reports and be actively engaged with social media. Must be willing to attend station events and make appearances as needed. The ideal candidate will be a highly energetic newsroom leader and be able to work effectively with others in a deadline-driven team environment.
- BA or BS in Journalism, Communications or related field
- A minimum of 3 years television anchor/reporter experience in medium/large market
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations
- Strong live reporting skills
- Ability to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to present scripts with clarity and energy
- Proven record of meeting deadlines and developing contacts
- Proven record of contributing story ideas
- Knowledge of the Philadelphia area and area news, events, government and communities
- Well-versed in a wide variety of subjects to include local, state, and national affairs.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to work with a variety of computer applications for news as well as MS Applications
- Bi-lingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply