CBS Television Stations (WWJ CBS 62 & WKBD CW50) in Detroit is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter with previous experience in broadcast television, cable and/or digital to join the country’s premier O&O broadcast group. Ideal candidate will have a proven record of growing transactional business, prospecting & closing new business, and experience selling across multiple screens and markets. Possessing a marketing mindset and an understanding of the role advertising plays across a variety of businesses is a must. Looking for a team player, with a drive to succeed in a goal-oriented, fast-paced sales environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Sell CBS properties and assets to advertising agencies & direct clients
- Grow transactional account revenue and share
- Develop new broadcast and digital business
- Sell high-profile events and create customized advertising opportunities that help clients grow their business
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with marketing decision makers
- Accurately project and forecast revenue activity
- Possess excellent presentation, problem-solving and analytic skills
- Proven negotiator who is effectively persuasive with all client types
- Ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, creative, energetic and driven to succeed
- Excellent time management skills and have ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in traditional advertising platforms and products (Wide Orbit, STRATA, Salesforce, Nielsen, ComScore) would be a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint & Excel
- Proven track record of sales success and knowledge of online sales offerings
- College degree preferred
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.