Systems & Maintenace TechnicianApply
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
Information Security Compliance, Testing, and Documentation
Maintenance of client workstations and data structure
- Apple Mac Mini, iMac, and Mac Pro computers
- Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, and Adobe After Effects systems
- Avid editing, storage, and server hardware
- Fibre-channel fabric and switching hardware
- Tape Library administration (LTO5, 6, and 7)
Maintenance and support of networking structure
- Quantum StoreNext and Fabric client support
- Workstation network configuration and troubleshooting
- Linux Server administration (Redhat, CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu)
- Windows Server administration (Server 2012, 2016, and 2019)
- CISCO Edge and core switch configuration, troubleshooting, and management
Support On-Air, Production and Post-production facilities
- Data structure, back up, and disaster recovery
- Workstation and I/O support
- Network and traffic support
- Adobe Creative suite products support (After Effects, Premier, Photoshop, Illustrator... etc.)
- Avid Media Composer, Symphony, Nexis, Interplay, and Media Central
- Avid Pro Tools
- OS-X and related system software
Project-oriented development, design, implementation, and support.
- Practical experience implementing information security best practices, security testing protocols, and on-going systems documentation.
- Minimum of ten years’ maintenance experience in a media production and post-production environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with focus on determining hardware, software, firmware and application issues both repeatable and intermittent.
- Avid expert-level support experience for Media Composer/Symphony workstations, Interplay, Media Central, Air Speed, and Nexis servers (Avid ACSR certifications are desirable).
- Advanced experience in configuring CISCO network hardware in a combined Apple OS, Windows Server & Workstation, and various Linux distributions environment (CISCO Routing and Switching CCNA or CCNP certifications are desirable).
- Advanced experience performing server administration and troubleshooting tasks encompassing common services including AD, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, SSH, SMTP, TFTP, etc. (Microsoft MCSE and/or Redhat RHSE or RHCSA certifications are desirable).
- Advanced experience performing VMWare installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and administration (VMWare VCP or VCAP certifications are desirable).