Vice President, Finance (COE)Apply
CBS is seeking a high-impact executive to drive strategic direction and transform CBS’s Finance group to a next generation center of excellence.
The primary responsibilities include management of all financial aspects of CBS Operations and Engineering departments located in Los Angeles. It includes providing detailed strategic analyses on revenue platforms, capital, and expenses. This position has direct supervisory responsibilities for the financial activities of Studio Center and activities at TV City.
This role is responsible for streamlining finance operations, providing strategic planning, creating innovative solutions and redefining operations and practices. Key duties include monthly financial close, monthly forecast, budget and long-range plan cycles, capital requests, and expense control management.
The candidate should excel at both service delivery and technical expertise. Candidate must be comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment. Seeking candidates capable of taking initiative, managing multiple projects, developing creative solutions, creating fact-based analysis, and managing under tight time-frames. This position reports to the SVP Finance in New York.
- Responsible for supervision and timely execution of all financial reporting, including but not limited to the monthly financial close process
- Lead the development of long range business plans, revenue and expense budgets/forecasts
- Prepare detailed, variance explanations on monthly actual reporting as well as forecasts and annual budget.
- Revise and communicate forecasts and analyses to ensure accuracy and transparency as information becomes available, which affect short and long-term forecasts,
- Develop monthly reporting package for COE executive management team
- Timely completion of strategic analyses in an ever-changing business environment and working closely with the various department heads to assist in this process.
- Develop and leverage financial and business reporting systems to optimize the monthly close and financial reporting process
- Maintain cost control in line with management expectations
- Manage capital requests for west coast operations
- Project manager working with multiple business units to ensure accurate reporting of financial statements
- Ad hoc projects as requested
- Manage the migration from a manual reversioning process to an automated, accelerated, scalable innovative solution. Rationalize current operations and planning cost efficiency
- Support the migration of operations at second facility to new owner
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- MBA or CPA strongly preferred
- Minimum 15 years relevant work experience, including forecasting and budgeting experience
- High degree of understanding of the entertainment industry and its business practices are required.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in production operations, stage management, automation; driving cost savings
- Accounting knowledge: Applicant must have a comprehensive understanding of GAAP accounting practices. Substantial experience with general ledger accounting systems is also required
- Financial modeling and other computer skills: Advanced Excel skills required. Must have highly developed presentation skills in Excel & PowerPoint. Knowledge and experience in general ledger accounting systems and planning systems (Oracle and TM1)
- Personal Skills: Strong management and communication skills, ability to interact with senior management, detail oriented
- Decision-making: Must be able to utilize knowledge and experience to exercise sound business judgment and make independent decisions
- Cost Management – Smart with strong bias to execute, cost management, strategic vision
- Change Management - Highly skilled in change management practices and driving organizational process improvements; identifying pain points and business solutions
- Collaboration - Demonstrated leadership and ability to deliver in achieving shared objectives in a matrixed organization, coordinating projects and services across business and organizational boundaries