VP, Primary ResearchApply
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The VP, Primary Research will partner with the Chief Research and Analytics Officer in identifying consumer and media research that can deliver the greatest value for the organization, as well as engage interest from agencies, marketers and the industry.
- Deliver primary research initiatives that bring actionable insights to CBS with a focus on News, Sports, general Media landscape and other corporate initiatives.
- Bring in creative research solutions that uncover consumer/category insights in a quick and cost efficient way.
- Be a self-starter who can be responsible for the entire research process, from writing surveys, delivering reports, managing vendors where appropriate and articulating business implications.
- Manage the CBS panel and conduct research aimed at different business outcomes through the course of the year
- Partner with News and Sports Research leads to deliver studies for those business units.
- Partner seamlessly across the enterprise to access information and create and drive strategies and implementation.
- Cultivate solid relationships with staff, internal partners and clients.
- Marshal change to align with vision of the department and organization.
- 4+ Years College. Advanced Degree preferred.
- Qualitative Research (ethnography, focus groups).
- Quantitative Analytics (statistical analysis, segmentation).
- Questionnaire Development & Design.
- Strong writing capabilities (narrative development, clear, concise articulation of actionable insights).
- 7-10 Years Primary Research Experience.
- Knowledge of latest research tools and methodologies.
- Strategic thinker.