CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The Manager of Reporting will work under the guidance and report to the VP, Controller and be responsible for:
- Manage monthly Forecast and Close reporting for CBS News Senior Management and the CBS Television Network
- Preparation of monthly budget performance reports and updating forecasts for Senior Management and department heads
- The development and preparation of annual budget and financial forecasts for SG&A departments and consolidating entire News Department
- Supervise the personnel forecasting process
- Manage project for implementation of a new compensation forecast system
- Assist Senior Management with compensation forecasting and strategy
- Ideal candidate will have experience with monthly and quarterly reporting, and managing salary forecasting.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A licensed CPA is preferred, but not required
- Strong PC skills with excellent competence in the use of MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint. TM1 and Oracle experience a plus.
- Anticipate; provide information, data and solutions to Management
- Detail oriented
- Team work; ability to thrive in a team environment while also being able to work independently
- Intellectual curiosity, desire to learn about all aspects of CBS News Finance Reporting & personnel management
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled