Sr. Accounts Payable ClerkApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Studio City, CA, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
- Review and audit Accounts Payable voucher packages prepared by Accounts Payable Clerks.
- Assist outside vendors and Studio tenants on payables and related billing matters.
- Review and audit AP Clerk’s processed check/ach payments.
- Oversee reporting of 1099 vendors to EDD monthly and annually to IRS.
- Maintain and update departmental procedures.
- Prepare and review Accounts Payable and Inventory Audit reports.
- Supervise inventory activities, prepare inventory performance reports, and reconcile inventory accounts.
- Schedule and supervise quarterly physical inventory counts as needed.
- Prepare and report studios Minority spending report.
- Ensure accuracy of month-end/year-end A/P accruals.
- Maintain Licenses & Permits Fees Schedule.
- Train Accounts Payable Clerks.
- Maintain Leases, Commitments & Service Schedule.
- Maintain all Accounts Payable records as electronic files in SharePoint according to CBS Record Retention Policy.
- Maintain studios Subscription and Membership Schedule.
- Process and audit Expense Reports for payment.
- Provide management with Accounts Payable analysis reports.
- Other Duties and Special Projects as assigned.
- Four year college degree or equivalent working experience is required.
- Prior accounting experience is required.
- One year work experience with an automated Accounts Payable system preferred.
- Knowledge of standard accounting principles is preferred.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Excel and Word software skills required.
- Light typing and 10-key adding machine by touch.
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have organizational abilities. #LI-AP1
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled