Social Media ProducerApply
Stephen Colbert took over as the host of The Late Show on Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2015. Colbert is known for his work as a television host, writer, actor, producer, and best known for his charity work teaching English as a second language on Tunisian date farms. Prior to joining the CBS family and being officially adopted by the network president, Les Moonves, Colbert helmed “The Colbert Report” which aired nearly 1,500 episodes and required Stephen to wear nearly 1,500 different neckties. The program received two Peabody Awards, two Grammy Awards, and several unwelcomed shoulder massages. “The Colbert Report” won two Emmys for Outstanding Variety Series in 2013 and 2014, both of which appear to have been lost in the move.
As the Social Media Producer for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert you will work with Digital and CBS Interactive to build and maintain social engagement on various platforms including Facebook Live, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram. You will lead content creation and account maintenance, and will be the de facto Late Show fan club president, interacting with fans and nurturing online engagement. Leading candidates will be self-contained social media machines with a background or demonstrated interest in comedy.
- Generate innovative ideas with a particular focus on expanding The Late Show’s presence and audience participation across all social media platforms including Facebook Live, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram
- Utilize social media analytics to ensure maximum engagement and measure the success of new initiatives and individual campaigns
- Identify and capitalize on social media trends
- Schedule posts throughout the day, live tweeting the show, creating shareable GIFS and graphics, and coordinating the roll-out of new social media initiatives
- Effectively interact with fans, talent, and internal stakeholders
- Maintain all social media accounts by ensuring best practices, while fostering a positive brand image for The Late Show
- 3+ years' experience managing the overall social media strategy for a media company; comedy or entertainment experience required
- Demonstrated ability to generate new and creative ideas for social media platforms including Facebook Live, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram
- Experience creating content across all platforms, including tweets, gifs and graphics; ability to be funny in under 140 characters; headline writing experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with fans, talent, and various internal stakeholders
- Great organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple projects with ease, in an extremely fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Experience with Photoshop and basic knowledge of design required; editing experience strongly preferred