Social Media AssociateApply
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, more than 200 television stations and affiliates reach virtually every home in the United States. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
As the Social Media Associate for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, you will work with Digital and CBS Interactive to build and maintain social engagement on various platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. You will lead content creation and account maintenance, and will be the de facto Late Show fan club president, interacting with fans and nurturing online engagement. Leading candidates will be self-contained social media machines with a love for all things pop culture. Experience working with Talent strongly preferred.
· Generate innovative ideas with a particular focus on expanding The Late Show’s presence and audience participation across all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
· Utilize social media analytics to ensure maximum engagement and measure the success of new initiatives and individual campaigns
· Identify and capitalize on social media trends
· Schedule posts throughout the day, live tweeting the show, creating shareable GIFS and graphics, and coordinating the roll-out of new social media initiatives
· Effectively interact with fans, talent, and internal stakeholders
· Maintain all social media accounts by ensuring best practices, while fostering a positive brand image for The Late Show
· 3+ years' experience managing the overall social media strategy for a media company; entertainment experience required
· Demonstrated ability to generate new and creative ideas for social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram
· Experience creating content across all platforms, including tweets, gifs and graphics; ability to be funny in under 280 characters; headline writing experience preferred
· Ability to effectively communicate with fans, talent, and various internal stakeholders
· Great organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple projects with ease, in an extremely fast-paced and ever-changing environment
· Experience with Photoshop and basic knowledge of design required; editing experience strongly preferred
· Experience working with Talent strongly preferred