Senior Sales CoordinatorApply
The Senior Sales Coordinator is generally responsible for scheduling the times for Network commercials in all program broadcasts on the CBS Television Network, avoiding conflicts between advertisers in the presentation of commercial time, and the proper notification of this information to all CTN affiliated stations. Specific job responsibilities include:
• Provide coverage for any coordinator, senior coordinator or manager when they are absent due to vacation, personal time or illness. This includes multiple television dayparts -Primetime, Sports, News, Late Night, and Daytime. Communicate with staff member they are filling in for about any issues preceding their coverage or any future issues once coverage is complete.
• Allocates billboard and positioning for all clients.
• Approves final product allocations furnished by clients for previously arranged time spots to prevent conflicts created by having similar products advertised too close together.
• Updates the information in the computer with regard to commercial positioning, billboards, piggybacks, split or shared commercials and formats of programs.
• Provides instantaneous data to the various Sales Department staff as requested, concerning availabilities and sponsorship for programs or any other pertinent information.
• Ensures the notification of all affiliated stations, all sponsors, products and the scheduled air times of broadcast for all time slots. Sends the actual wire.
• Determines the disposition of those product conflicts which are created by Sales Department policies (rather than Program Practice Policies).
• Operates the computer to provide input or acquire output as necessary.
• Reads all press releases, and Advance Program Information Sheet to be sure of possible problems in our series programming.
• Provides morning report for day of air.
• Accommodate all Program Practices scheduling and restriction provisions.
• Provides alternate formatting for shows that cannot air in conventional manner i.e., cast commercials, erratic sports and prime specials.
• Maintains internal Relationships as follows – for all Network Sales offices
• Maintains external relationships as follows - contacts agencies and clients concerning availabilities, existing orders, product allocations, policies and practices.
• Assumes the responsibilities of any of the daypart managers that they would be filling in for on a specific day(s).
• Does projects at direction of the manager for the daypart they are working in at the time.
• Will handle requesting and entering commercial scheduling from advertising agencies during March for the NCAA Basketball Tournament.
- 4-5 year's broadcast sales traffic experience (will also consider agency or cable experience).
- Possess excellent communication skills and phone etiquette.
- Proficiency in MS Windows, MS Word and Excel.
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment subject to frequent deadlines
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Possess advanced project management skills
- Able to perform independently with limited direction.