Senior Research AnalystApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Studio City, CA, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
- Manage end-to-end primary research initiatives (quantitative and qualitative) such as pilot testing, series maintenance and promo testing.
- Support all Primary research functions, including but not limited to compiling questionnaire data, coding verbatims from questionnaires, note taking during focus groups and questionnaire creation.
- Manage new program awareness tracker and provide vendor management.
- Communicate effectively with senior CBS executives via written reports, presentations and provide ad hoc support.
- Access rating reports for assigned CBS series to assess overall series health; make recommendations.
- Act as project manager for assigned list of CBS programs.
- Train team members in development and mastery of primary research functions to complement measurement solutions; development of contextual insights utilizing multiple data sources and making sound, credible recommendations to executives.
- College graduate.
- 5-7 years experience in TV research preferably at a network (broadcast/cable), local station, syndicator/studio, ad agency or research vendor.
- Strong interest in media and related fields.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (excel, word and power point).
- Working experience with Nielsen products (TCR, NNTV, Npower) and Wrap (overnights/sweeps) is preferred.
- Some knowledge of primary quantitative and qualitative research techniques is preferred.
- Third party vendor management experience is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled