CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The On-Air Promotions group seeks an experienced Coordinator to with strong administration skills to oversee invoices, payments, payroll issues and time sheets. Responsibilities include the following:
- Distribute and collect weekly time sheets, submit additional payments of non-CBS payroll employees, and track comp day balances.
- Oversee all talent/production personnel payments and submit to the production partner.
- Submit monthly WGA report and keep current with various union issues.
- Input and manage purchase orders and check requisitions requested by the various Marketing departments.
- Coordinate timely invoice payments with CBS Shared Services.
- Prepare and submit expense reports.
- Review accounting entries and transfer journals; perform analysis as needed.
- Ad hoc projects.
- 5+ years of administrative or coordination experience.
- Able to work with numbers and financial concepts.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well under pressure in order to deal with daily on-air scheduling deadlines.
- Able to work with sensitive and confidential information while exercising good judgment and discretion.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled