Senior Content ProducerApply
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The Senior Content Producer is a self-motivated, creative, and passionate person with a strong work ethic who’s excited to take on projects individually and as part of the Video Content Creation team. As the CBS Communications’ department's lead videographer and editor, the role requires a familiarity with the television and entertainment industry and an eagerness to learn new skills while contributing a fresh vision and ideas to the team.
- Work as part of the Video Content Creation team to execute editing a variety of different types of video projects including electronic press kit (EPK) shoots for CBS Publicity promoting CBS Network programming.
- Use strong visual storytelling skills and implement notes from management and publicity leads to build polished broadcast news packages, online and creative social media videos.
- Ability to export in various formats to support Instagram, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
- Deliver polished projects complete with color correction and color grading, sound editing and sound mixing and music tracks.
- Execute strong media management – ability to seamlessly pick-up and hand-off edits.
- Cover EPK shoots at various sets and locations as a one-man-band: shooter/audio/lighting, as needed.
- Maintain all shoot footage and archives.
- Maintain extensive contact list of freelancers as well as gear rental house. Hire and direct freelancers for local and remote shoots, as needed.
- Maintain several ongoing projects at once.
- Work and communicate within a team structure and independently with minimal supervision.
- Provide backup support to Director of Multimedia, as needed.
- Proficient in Canon cinema cameras, c100 and c100 mark.
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere CC.
- Proficient in after effects, titling, motion graphics, and captioning.
- Proficient in audio, camera, and grip equipment for maintenance and updates.
- Proficient in camera operation, audio capture, and three-point lighting.
- Familiarity with front to back HD camera workflow.
- Must know how to shoot and light.
- Must have vehicle in order to transport gear to and from shoots and must be able to lift heavy equipment.
- Ability to work occasional weekends.