Sectional Sales CoordinatorApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The Coordinator will be responsible for processing sales orders on behalf of the Network's clients for Primetime, Daytime, News, Late Night and Sports shows. Communicates with advertising agencies and local TV station affiliates on final position notifications. Interact with CBS Broadcast Operations and other coordinators. Provide coverage for the Senior Coordinator when necessary. This is an entry-level position in the sales organization; recent college grads welcome to apply!
- Accept network advertiser's orders and research the request to ascertain if information is correct for that specific brand.
- Communicate advertiser’s requirements to advertising agencies, station personnel, Broadcast Distribution, Operations and Day-Of air.
- Follow through on the execution of the request.
- Check program and market clearances before an agency order is processed.
- Process sectionals, local cut-ins and west coast feeds.
- Give out costs for local cut-ins and for satellite facility charges for sectionals.
- Transmit pertinent information to TV stations, Broadcast Distribution and Operations (e.g. late orders and sectional units within a given show).
- Inform agencies where to send their DVD’s/tapes and instructions for proper execution of commercials (requirements can vary for different programs and air dates).
- Maintain correspondence with TV affiliates and advertising agencies.
- Record sectional requests in computer for inventory control of satellite facilities.
- Work with the Sales Coordination department.
- Transfer records to permanent files.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Heavy data entry
- Possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and high degree of professionalism
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated interest in media/entertainment
- Team player with ability to meet deadlines
- 4 year college degree preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled