Sales Planning AssistantApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The Sales Planning Assistant will perform administrative tasks for the EVP & SVP while working with planners and managers on various projects in television research and marketing. This is an entry level, non-selling service function.
- Process and distribute revised holds to daypart VPs
- Coordinate activity on upfront contracts with the out of town sales offices in Chicago, Detroit and Los Angeles
- On an on-going basis, match Nielsen actuals to CBS sales inventory existing in the sales system, Phoenix
- Create and update Nielsen tracking reports for distribution to the sales floor
- Learn media math and how to build both upfront and scatter plans
- Create and maintain spreadsheets that help the planning group communicate with the digital group
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Four year college degree highly preferred (recent grads welcome to apply).
- Interest in advertising, ad sales, media, and/or broadcasting strongly preferred.
- Ad sales/marketing/ marketing research internships in a related industry a plus.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong MS Excel and quantitative skills.
- Attention to detail and organization is essential.
- Pleasant phone manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled