CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
Under the direction of the EVP, Sales Strategy, Planning and Administration for CBS Television Network, the Sales Planner is generally responsible for the creation of sales plans to guide the work of Account Executives in connection with the sale of television advertising. Other responsibilities include participation in sales negotiations, inventory management, negotiating makegoods directly with agencies and maintaining buyer relationships. This position is also responsible for preparing and maintaining stewardship reports for current network schedules on a permanently assigned account basis, assisting in developing basic audience estimates, developing price lists, evaluating A.C. Nielsen audience reports and developing computer systems data.
- 1-3 years of TV media sales/planning or agency media buying experience.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Facility with numerical concepts, attentiveness to detail and presentation of data is essential.
- Some media research or media planning is strongly preferred.
- Analytical aptitude and presentation skills are important.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Function in a fast-paced environment subject to frequent deadlines.
- Must be proactive, well organized and able to perform independently with limited direction.
- Four year college degree preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled