The Sales Assistant will provide agency, client and traffic support for the VP Sales, several account executives and planners. The Assistant is charged with communicating changes in the schedule, working with buying agencies to accommodate changes in the advertiser’s schedules, monitoring daily commercial trafficking and solving any night of air issues.
- Relieve Account Executives of the non-selling service function as required by agencies and clients.
- Receive request for proposals (RFPs), usually by phone from agency buyers and report requested plan to the Account Executive.
- Channel the plan requests to the Sales Planning team, daypart Directors and VPs. Accept agency requests for plan revisions.
- Once the sale is made, transfer the sales proposal to a computer “hold” which freezes CBS inventory until agency recommendation is accepted by the client (usually within two days).
- Convey exact dates and unit cost prices to the agency buyers.
- Use pricing information and correct Nielsen ratings to negotiate makegoods and discuss schedule changes.
- Excellent communication skills and phone manner
- Proficient in MS Office
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Great problem solving skills
- Customer focused
- Bachelor’s degree
- Interest in ad sales, advertising and/or broadcast television