CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The Sales Assistant will support the LA Sales team in the day to day stewardship of every deal closed. The Sales Assistant performs a variety of administrative duties and is integral in providing the highest level of service to assistant buyers and buyers at the advertising agencies. The Assistant is charged with communicating changes in the schedule, working with buying agencies to accommodate changes in the advertiser’s schedules, monitoring daily commercial trafficking and solving any night of air issues.
- Relieve Account Executives of the non-selling service function as required by agencies and clients.
- Receive request for proposals (RFPs), usually by phone from agency buyers and report requested plan to the Account Executive.
- Channel the plan requests to the Sales Planning team, daypart Directors and VPs. Accept agency requests for plan revisions.
- Once the sale is made, transfer the sales proposal to a computer “hold” which freezes CBS inventory until agency recommendation is accepted by the client (usually within two days).
- Convey exact dates and unit cost prices to the agency buyers.
- Use pricing information and correct Nielsen ratings to negotiate makegoods and discuss schedule changes.
- Excellent communication skills and phone manner
- Proficient in MS Office
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Great problem solving skills
- Customer focused
- Bachelor’s degree
- Interest in ad sales and broadcast television
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled