CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. With more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS’ total network lineup was watched by more than 127 million people a week during the 2016-2017 season. The Network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 drama, NCIS; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #1 late night show THE LATE SHOW with STEPHEN COLBERT; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The Research Interns will work with department Directors, Managers and Supervisors in:
* Supplying CBS corporation with timely, pertinent ratings information
* Assisting research staff in tracking audience data; aiding in the creation and maintenance of ratings databases; reporting daily ratings on CBS Research Web site
* Providing general support for primetime, sports, daytime, late night and news divisions, as needed
- Junior Undergraduate or Graduate student preferred candidate should be a student from May 2018-May 2019
- Computer knowledge a must, especially MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Internet usage
- A professional demeanor required, with excellent communication and analytical skills
- All applicants will be considered, however, ideal candidate would be willing to commit 6-12 months to the role. This position requires a full-time commitment in the summer (approximately 40 hours per week) AND part-time in the fall & spring (a minimum of 20 hours per week), including morning hours (especially Mondays and Tuesdays).