CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Studio City, CA, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
- Initiate and execute innovative publicity campaigns using all traditional and emerging forms of media to support CBS Series. Create and disseminate information and unique, visually appealing content across all national and local media with a strong emphasis on social media and other digital platforms.
- Develop professional relationships, trust and credibility with media writers/editors, talent bookers, content creators and influencers to build program awareness.
- Liaison with producers, talent, and management to facilitate ongoing publicity support for series.
- Plan, develop and executes talent publicity trips, press junkets and on-set media visits in support of series.
- Write press releases, storylines, speeches, itineraries, and social media copy for all assigned series.
- Minimum 5 years experience in media relations.
- Excellent creative writing skills and computer proficiency.
- Outstanding interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Strong organizational and management abilities to set goals and priorities.
- Excellent knowledge of Social Networking sites and new emerging media.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled