CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
- Create and issue program formats for Primetime, Daytime, Late Night, Specials and Children’s programming.
- Supervise editors during formatting edit sessions.
- Supervise Program Control room staff during live programming events.
- Produce commercial billboards for Primetime series, Late Night, Movies and Specials.
- Responsible for tracking all costs and billable services related to contractual and non-contractual activity utilizing TV City facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of video post production.
- Strong computer skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic accounting skills preferred.
Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience with television production or post production.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled