Seeking a smart, creative, and enthusiastic Producer with strong leadership skills and a vision for success. This Producer coordinates news gathering from CBS affiliates and is the primary point of contact between CBS News and these stations. Excellent people/customer service skills are required. 4pm to 12 shift.
This position will supervise Associate Producers and Broadcast Associates. This Producer is responsible for editing and publishing video and scripts from stations and assists in the transmission and distribution of live video and edited video.
Candidates must have strong editorial skills as well as highly developed relationship-building skills. This position requires high energy and persistence, as well as an understanding of TV newsgathering and transmission technology. The ability to effectively communicate with Newspath newsroom managers, network broadcast managers, and producers in other Newspath regions is essential. Candidates must be flexible with the ability to improvise unorthodox and innovative solutions.
Must have the ability to help drive our digital platform and focus on multi-media content.
Responsibilities include handling regional newsgathering projects, helping to coordinate coverage of breaking news, and responding to video and editorial requests from CBS broadcasts, CBS affiliates and clients.
This position has a strong social media component. Candidate must be familiar with all major social media platforms and vehicles for engaging audiences on a digital level. This includes - but is not limited to - Facebook, Facebook Live, Twitter, Periscope, Snapchat, Instagram, Instagram Stories, 360, and YouTube. Part of this position’s editorial responsibilities is to be able to spot viral and pre-trending content and turn it around for our brand. You must be well-versed in the feel and best practices for social-friendly videos (including rights & clearances). You must understand Google search trends and SEO.
The position may include overnight and/or weekend responsibilities.
- 5 years producing experience in a professional newsroom preferred.
- Non-linear editing experience required.
- Must be an excellent writer with good oral communication skills. Including experience in quickly reviewing and revising scripts/rundowns.
- Original scripting experience a must.
- Must have solid news judgment and experience with breaking news and live shots.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and be available to work various schedules.
- Supervisory experience is preferable with good leadership skills and ability to motivate a team.
- Thrives in high-pressure and time-critical situations. Ability to multi-task is essential.
- Degree in broadcast journalism or related field preferred
- Passion for news, journalism, and social media