CBS is seeking a high-impact executive to drive strategic direction and transform CBS’s Operations & Engineering infrastructure capabilities to a next generation center of excellence.
This position will provide strategic planning, create innovative solutions and deliver the technical knowledge to design, implement and support business goals across multiple cloud environments and emerging solutions
This is a highly collaborative role, working across businesses, technology and vendor teams to establish a target vision aligned with business and IT needs. Through engagement with business technology groups, solutions architects, and enterprise application and technology teams, the role will lead efforts to align investment, technical direction, and execution to deliver streamlined enterprise capabilities.
- Provide technical leadership to help develop world class, software defined, cloud infrastructure capabilities.
- Provide intimate hands-on working knowledge of public cloud networking and guide engineering SME for peers and other operations departments.
- Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders and provide innovation leadership on emerging cloud technologies, architectures, platform vision, and strategy.
- Define key metrics, business and technical requirements, technical design and roadmap to drive project initiatives.
- Establish and maintain reference architectures for appropriate use of platform capabilities and work with appropriate stakeholders to manage exceptions.
- Responsible for the ownership and authoring of design documents, collaborating with other engineering teams, presenting to senior management, mentoring and knowledge transfer to team members across the organization.
- Experience with public cloud automation DevOps tools and techniques, as well as escalation protocols to ensure operations SLAs.
- Design and implement high level architecture for the deployment of complex hybrid cloud solutions
- Prepare and maintain architectural guidelines and associated documentation.
- Perform requirements analysis, solutions and in-depth business cases to provide secure cloud platforms that support scalable business requirements.
- Coordinate, recommend and review the tools for deployment, implementation, management, monitoring and reporting.
- Manage cross-functional collaboration with other CBS teams/organizations; work with project team members, and other internal teams, to deliver against project management plans.
- Create and present technical strategies to a variety of audiences including customers, executives, peers and support staff.
- Create and maintain Cloud Architecture, providing overall technical and operational leadership in cloud platforms.
- Work closely with business users, and management, to migrate high volume video assets to cloud platforms for playout and global distribution.
- Create, own and monitor financial models to help maintain and improve overall cloud spend.
- Create operational model and best practices to migrate to a Devops (Devsecops) model.
- Work closely with CBS Information Security to create a secure environment for all CBS assets, vendors and distribution partners.