Post Production System Administrator PositionApply
As a Post-Production System Administrator, you will be part of a 24x7 team responsible for the
maintenance and operability of mission-critical technology within CBS News.
Candidates should possess the following:
• 3 to 5 years in a post-production or broadcast environment administering and maintaining post-production infrastructure, editing hardware and software, shared storage and asset management systems. Experience across the Avid product line (Media Composer, Interplay, ISIS) is preferred.
• Clear understanding of file-based workflows using transcoding hardware and software (Telestream Vantage, Adobe Media Encoder); possess comprehensive understanding of CODECs, wrappers and video formats
• System Administration experience (Windows Server, Active Directory, and DNS)
• Knowledge of IP networks, protocols and hardware
• Self-organized with significant attention to detail and procedures
• An understanding of the urgent needs of an on-air environment with an ability to remain calm under pressure.
Experience with Cisco switches, virtual machines, Microsoft image deployments using MDT, Red Hat Linux, file transport and automation systems (Aspera/Signiant/FTP) is a plus.
Applicants should have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively guide and assist colleagues that utilize the technology that we are ultimately responsible for. A team player with a can-do spirit and strong work ethic are highly desired characteristics.
We are a 24x7 operation. The ability to work nights, weekends and Holidays is essential.