CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The Payroll Coordinator will process all union payroll for the New York broadcast facility (both staff & per diem) and remote Sports and News programs, communicating heavily with production managers of programs shooting in NY and on the road.
- Work closely with Production Managers and Schedulers to receive employee hours through personal scheduling systems
- Enter all union employee hours, rates, and account information into time keeping system
- Review for accuracy, appropriate level of approval, and compliance with union agreements
- Assist in the coordination of new hire paperwork between schedulers and Human Resources
- Generate and print time keeping reports for validation and documentation
- Recognize and research errors
- Research and respond to all inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all payroll information
- Organize and maintain payroll files
- Proficiency with Excel
- Well-developed collaboration skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized
- Deadline driven
- One to two years of payroll experience preferred but not required.
- In depth knowledge of collective bargaining agreements a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled