CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Studio City, CA, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
- General Office Administration
- Office reception, phone/screen calls, filing, correspondence and memos, schedule appointments, distribute mail.
- Liaison with tenant production companies.
- Liaison with Studio operating departments.
- Dispatch trouble calls to appropriate person.
- Assist Vice President with special projects as required.
- Operations Administration
- Provide Operations departments with summary of producer facility agreement deal relating to those departments.
- Prepare short form facility agreements for miscellaneous production, i.e. commercials, music videos, site rentals.
- Coordinate scheduling of Studio’s Multi-Purpose Rooms.
- Job Cost Coordination
- Process all contractor, capital and overhead job purchases/rentals tracking from order through receipt/return and invoice payment utilizing Microsoft Dynamics GP on-line accounting system.
- Update and maintain extensive capital and overhead job cost records and files.
- Contractor Compliance – assure proposals, contracts, change orders and invoicing comply with CBS audit policy.
- Review weekly accounting reports; verify accuracy and initiate adjustments as required.
- Process weekly billing for Stage Space, MPRs and miscellaneous Operations services.
- Audit weekly billing for all Operations departments.
- Verify completeness and accuracy, research and initiate adjustments as required.
- Implement rate card changes, special pricing and revenue or account code changes.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent working experience in a related environment.
- Strong PC skills in a local area network environment with Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint is required.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Interpersonal skills – heavy client contact and liaison with Studio operating departments.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP on-line accounting system.
- Previous experience with Rental Works on-line billing system.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled