CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Studio City, CA, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
- GENERAL OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
- Office reception, phone/screen calls, filing, correspondence and memos, schedule appointments, distribute mail.
- Coordinate deliveries and outgoing shipments.
- Liaison with tenant production companies.
- Liaison with Studio operating departments.
- Dispatch trouble calls to appropriate person.
- Assist Department Heads and VP with special projects as required.
- OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATION
- Update tenant occupancy information on Dressing Rooms, Construction Offices, Mill Space and Storage; distribute weekly.
- Issue work orders for all tenant requests, i.e. repairs, keys,maintenance.
- Back up payroll function. Process union per diem payroll utilizing EP on-line system; start notices, W-4’s, I-9’s, and rate changes; verify accuracy and completeness. Research and initiate adjustments as required.
- PURCHASING & BUDGET CENTER COORDINATION
- Process all departmental purchases/rentals tracking from order through receipt/return and invoice payment utilizing Microsoft Dynamics GP on-line accounting system.
- Maintain all department files relating to budget center expense.
- Review weekly accounting reports; verify accuracy and initiate adjustments as required.
- RENTAL WORKS BILLING
- Process weekly billing for Dressing Rooms, Construction Offices, Mill Space, Storage Space, and other miscellaneous Operations services and rentals.
- Verify completeness and accuracy, research and initiate adjustments as required.
- Implement rate card changes, special pricing and revenue or account code changes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent working experience in related environment.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in related environment.
- Strong PC skills in a local area network environment with Windows, Excel, and Word mandatory.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize essential tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills – heavy client contact and liaison with Studio operating departments.
- Previous experience with EP on-line payroll system.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP on-line accounting system.
- Previous experience with Rental Works on-line billing system.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled