Office Manager, CBS This MorningApply
The CBS This Morning Office Manager will oversee the day-to-day newsroom and staffing needs. They will be responsible for administrative duties, staff scheduling, vacation oversight, organization, supplies maintenance, and staff development to ensure maximum productivity and well-being.
Ideal candidate will be extremely self-motivated, organized, proactive, detailed, reliable, trustworthy, and diplomatic.
Main responsibilities include:
- Newsroom organization: order supplies, organize seating chart, oversee setup for senior offices, manage conference room bookings, troubleshoot phone/tv/printer issues
- Staff scheduling: manage vacation requests, sick days, schedule holidays, and track totals working closely with Finance and HR
- New Hires: order phones, set up email, establish training schedule, and coordinate new hire orientation with senior staff
- Staff events: work with senior management to execute staff workshops, budget responsibly
- Expense reports/budgeting: work with finance on budgets for events, food, etc., handle senior producer expense reports as needed
- Day-to-day administrative duties related to senior producers, guests and staff members
- Food / break room management: coffee, internal and external food orders and stocking
- Mail: oversee BAs sorting mail, mailbox assignment, and organization
- Must have strong analytical skills, be detailed orientated and maintain the highest degree of accuracy.
- Must complete multiple tasks on time and under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work flexible hours depending on the news cycle.
- Strong PC and Excel spreadsheet skills required.
- Strong interest in News and Journalism and a keen eye for current events.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.