CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. CBS owns the most-watched television network in the U.S. and one of the world’s largest libraries of entertainment content, making its brand – “the Eye” – one of the most recognized in business. The Company’s operations span virtually every field of media and entertainment, including cable, publishing, radio, local TV, film, outdoor advertising, and interactive and socially responsible media. CBS’s businesses include CBS Television Network, The CW (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Warner Bros. Entertainment), Showtime Networks, CBS Sports Network, Smithsonian Networks, TVGN (a joint venture between CBS Corporation and Lionsgate), Simon & Schuster, CBS Television Stations, CBS Radio, CBS Outdoor, CBS Television Studios, CBS Global Distribution Group, CBS Interactive, CBS Consumer Products, CBS Home Entertainment, CBS Films and CBS EcoMedia. Interested in a career with CBS Corporation or one of our portfolio companies? Go to www.cbscareers.com
• Responsible for the configuration, troubleshooting and repair of IT computer networks. Interface with system users, technicians, engineers and other Technical Maintenance personnel to install and debug automated broadcast systems.
• Provide day to day support of networked systems within the broadcast network infrastructure.
• Develop test routines and monitoring solutions.
• Commission network edge switches, routers, firewalls and related systems
• Document support procedures specific to network systems to be utilized by the Technical Maintenance and Engineering departments.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or other advanced technical or science degree, highly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in IT networking, or broadcast engineering, required.
- Extensive experience required setting up and maintaining IT firewalls, routers, IP subnets, and networked storage.
- Knowledge of broadcast audio, video, control data, RF, fiber-optics, MPEG broadcast distribution systems, preferred
- Avaya ERS and VSP series switches/routers experience, desirable.
- Cisco Nexus 5000 / 7000 experience, desirable.
- Experience with management and administration of Red Hat and IP tables, desirable.
- Experience with Riverbed Cascade, Riverbed Steelhead, and Gigamon solutions, desirable.
- Must be detail-oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be proficient with MS Excel and MS Word.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled