CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS' total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert is looking for a Music Booker to join the Talent Booking team. Candidates must have 5+ years of relevant experience - booking/producing at a variety show (late night, daytime, morning or similar) or music label experience a plus. Strong contacts in the music industry are required.
- 5+ years' relevant experience - booking/ producing at a variety show (late night, daytime, morning, or similar) or music label experience a plus
- Ability to book an average of 2 -3 music acts per week
- Vast knowledge of pop culture and musical acts
- Ability to book big names, and a knack for discovering new talent
- Demonstrated ability to bring big ideas for innovative ways to produce music for both broadcast and digital
- Ability and willingness to pitch in on bookings outside of music, including but not limited to celebs, newsmakers and athletes, and to interact and collaborate with other teams on the show
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled