Manager Primetime ReportingApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The Manager Primetime Reporting, 60 Minutes will work under the guidance and report to the Director of Primetime Reporting and be responsible for:
- Monthly reporting and forecasting of 60 Minutes and 60 Minutes Sports
- Preparation of monthly budget performance reports to communicate financial results to Production Management
- The development and preparation of annual budget for 60 Minutes and 60 Minutes Sports
- Work closely with the Production team to create budgets for show segments and manage respective costs
- Manage the Work in Process inventory of segment costs and proactively alert Management regarding segment costs when necessary
- Support Finance team and Production team with ad hoc requests
- · Ideal candidate will have experience with monthly and quarterly reporting.
- · Bachelor’s degree required
- · A minimum of 5 years of experience or equivalent related experience
- · A licensed CPA is preferred, but not required
- · Strong PC skills with excellent competence in the use of MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint. TM1 and Oracle experience a plus.
- · Anticipate; provide information, data and solutions to Management
- · Detail oriented
- · Team work; ability to thrive in a team environment while also being able to work independently
- · Intellectual curiosity, desire to learn about all aspects of CBS News
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled