The purpose of this position is to establish the MIS function and develop a team to oversee the information systems engineering of Studio’s data structure and services by providing various services to internal users and external clients. This position has a superior understanding of Network management, application deployments, computer operation and ability to develop policies and procedures. This position plans, manages, and coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished. This position has a hands-on knowledge of information technology disciplines and experience managing technology processes and making proactive recommendation to support business goals. Acts as a liaison between client services, management and product development to ensure that high impact problems are resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner.
· Provide installation, maintenance and technical support for the Wide Area Network (WAN). This includes routers, firewalls and internet connections.
· Provide installation, maintenance and technical support for the Local Area Network (LAN) including wireless network and storage network.
· Responsible for maintaining all LAN hardware in a fully operational condition. LAN hardware includes, but is not limited to, file servers, hubs, switches, routers and all cabling.
· Configure and maintain servers in Active Directory to ensure minimum downtime of network access.
· Design, implement and manage email system and network data backup systems.
· Ensure security of electronic data and network access.
· Develop and implement disaster recovery procedure for studio operations.
· Monitor network usage and performance.
· Ensure software operating on the LAN is properly licensed and that all network activity complies with established policies. Maintain software licenses and hardware inventory.
· Monitor activities associated with server support, software upgrades, hardware installation, and inventory control to ensure that projects are completed as scheduled.
· Interface with Corp IS&T and ISG to comply with CBS Corp Information Security Policies and Standards.
· Maintain regulatory standards and compliance for PCI, SOX, NIST Cybersecurity Framework Assessment, Risk Reduction initiatives, and Corporate information security policies.
· Develop and implement documentation for network design, configuration, user support, and server maintenance.
· Develop policies and procedures on the use of the LAN.
· Evaluate and make appropriate recommendations for enhancement or replacement of existing systems based on new technological advances.
· Interface with outside vendors to analyze and address system issues.
· Provide training when necessary to ensure adequate skills are in place for users.
· Assist with the annual budgeting process.
· Keep the management informed of network status and issues.
· B.S. in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent working experience.
· 5 years of working experience with all aspects of Wide and Local Area Networks, network topologies and network operating systems.