Manager, Backlot ServicesApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Studio City, CA, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
- Represent Operations Department as member of Studio Safety and Environmental Committee.
- Convey safety procedures and methods to union personnel within Operations Group.
- Coordination of quarterly toolbox meetings for union personnel within Operations Group.
- Monitor departmental billing for timeliness and accuracy.
- Assist with the planning and development of new construction projects.
- Assist with the management of tenant improvement jobs (Production Offices).
- Liaison with CBS executives and staff for requests related to tenant improvements within their office spaces.
- Interface with CBS executives and staff throughout tenant improvement process to ensure their continued satisfaction.
Off-site Audience Parking
- Manage Off-Site audience parking.
- Track the number of parking validations on a daily basis and coordinate the ordering and distribution of validations.
- Monitor Studio’s solid waste recycling program to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Work with Studio union personnel to introduce new tenants to Studio’s recycling program.
- Function as primary backup to the VP, Operations to interface with tenants and coordinate on-lot exterior location filming and as chair of Lot Production Meetings.
- Coordinate miscellaneous special projects as directed by the VP, Operations.
- BS or BA degree or equivalent working experience in related environment.
- Knowledge of industry standards and practices related to production company requirements and needs.
- Fundamental knowledge of construction management.
- Strong PC skills in local area network environment and Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled