Freelance Coordinator, Environmental, Health & SafetyApply
This is a freelance / non-staff position.
Work closely with remote operations and EHS VP to implement programs in the areas of occupational safety, industrial hygiene, general safety, environmental compliance, hazardous waste disposal, and fire and life safety. Develop preventive programs to identify and reduce risks from potential hazards.
Ensure full-time and freelance employees are aware of any venue hazards and outfitted with required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Maintain PPE inventory while on-site.
Perform periodic cost and productivity analyses to ensure fiscal responsibility and adherence to budgetary goals.
Work with management to develop and implement injury prevention strategies and program(s), including training of affected workers/ employees. Monitor program effectiveness through on-going collection, review and analyses of injury and illness data. Make adjustments as needed.
Participate in production-related incident and accident investigations to determine root cause and corrective action. Assist with workers’ compensation claims management.
Ensure compliance with all EHS standards promulgated by local, state, and federal agencies through development and implementation of on-site inspection and monitoring programs. Keep abreast of pending regulatory developments through reference sources; obtain insight on legislative agenda at state and federal levels.
Perform other duties as necessary to support the functions and goals associated with the EHS process including setting up Emergency Action Plans for remote operations, attending on-site safety and security briefings, supporting activation of CBS-Sports sanctioned applications, e.g., LiveSafe and WDT WeatherOps Commander,etc.
• Understanding of the theory behind machine guarding and Lockout/Tagout electrical safety, knowledge of regulatory compliance laws, and computer skills.
• Demonstrates effective communication skills, capable of managing multiple projects,
• has strong training and interpersonal skills.
• Exhibits positivity, passion, integrity, and responsibility.
• 4-year degree from an accredited college or university (preferred disciplines in occupational safety and health, environmental safety and health, safety or environmental management, and safety or environmental science).