Fall Intern 2017 - Photo
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Unpaid Intern
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Studio City, CA, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The CBS Internship Program is designed to provide students with hands on/practical exposure to the television/entertainment industry. With this in mind, managers are advised to delegate a diversified selection of assignments with an emphasis on projects, rather than clerical tasks.
The Photo Intern will assist the CBS Photo Department in daily operations. This department is responsible for all advertorial, episodic, behind the scenes and event imagery associated with over 40 shows and special events. Digital processing, editing, retouching and distribution are all handled in house.
The CBS Photo department works closely with the publicity, marketing and interactive arms of the company.
• Must be available at least 3 full days a week.
• Enrolled in a full-time accredited college or university, and will be junior or senior in the upcoming semester, or a current graduate student
• Must be able to receive academic credit for this internship
• Must maintain confidentiality at all times
• Must have knowledge of the internet
• Must be extremely well-organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, highly visible environment
• Must have impeccable communication and typing skills
• Must have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
• Must be able to travel within a 20 mile radius 10% of the time
Working knowledge of Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Photo Mechanic and digital file management.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled