Fall Intern 2017 - Entertainment Diversity
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Schedule: Part-Time
Job Location: Studio City, CA, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
We are seeking a dynamic & qualified individual who is eager to learn from and support the Entertainment Diversity & Communications Department.
• Assist with all CBS Entertainment Diversity Initiatives (CBS On Tour, Diversity Comedy Showcase, Writers Mentoring Program, Directing Initiative, Daytime Casting and Directing Initiative)
• Provide general clerical support (copying, faxing, typing, mailing and shipping, billing, filing, et al)
• Assist in organizing casting, development, and current programming stats for annual diversity metrics reports
• Compose event blurbs to be published on CBS Update
• Daily media sweeps (online and print) for Diversity and CBS Communications press or news of relevance
• Manage RSVPs for Diversity events
• Assist in managing Entertainment Diversity social media accounts
The CBS Internship Program is designed to provide students with exposure to various departments within the television/entertainment industry.
With this in mind, managers are advised to delegate a diversified selection of assignments with an emphasis on projects, rather than clerical tasks. Additionally, the program serves as a way of providing CBS with an array of highly talented and qualified students eager to apply their skills in assisting with special projects.
This is intended to be a developmental experience, and as such, managers provide constructive guidance throughout the program.
• Enrolled in a full-time accredited college or university, and will be junior or senior in the upcoming semester
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and work under pressure of tight deadlines
• Experience and familiarity with various social media applications preferred
• Ability to maintain confidential material
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
MUST BE AVAILABLE AT LEAST 3 DAYS PER WEEK.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled