Drama Development Intern - Fall 2018Apply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Paid Intern
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Studio City, CA, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The CBS Internship Program is designed to provide students with exposure to various departments within the television/entertainment industry. The Drama Development intern will work closely with the department to:
- Review writer/director samples and provide brief coverage with analysis.
- Create/maintain spreadsheets for various development databases.
- Read the outlines and drafts for all development projects.
- Support Drama Development's assistants with desk and phone coverage.
- File/restructure miscellaneous materials in the master storage room.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university throughout the duration of the internship.
- Must have a passion for Television and the entertainment industry.
- Eager to learn, self-starter.
- Have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous internship experience is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled