Director of Facilities OperationApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
Oversees the day-to-day operations of the CBS facilities including the Broadcast Center and the CBS occupied floors in building 555 including managing 25 electricians and HVAC staff. Role includes the ownership of all of the facilities capital projects in coordination with the corporate Facilities Design Engineering group.
- Responsible for the continuing operation and maintenance of the Broadcast Center facilities
- Manage Facilities Operations budget
- Manage union electricians & HVAC engineers and participate in union negotiations
- Oversee the design and implementation of facilities projects
- In depth knowledge of electrical, HVAC, mechanical & plumbing systems
- Engineering or related technical degree
- MBA or equivalent management degree
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled