Director, Human ResourcesApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
We are seeking a Director, Human Resources to support CBS Sports. This role is responsible for a diverse array of HR activities related to the entire employee lifecycle.
- Handle employee relations issues in a timely and effective fashion.
- Conduct thorough and impartial investigations and determine solutions and/or necessary action.
- Counsel employees and/or managers regarding a variety of issues.
- Serve as an advocate to both employee and company regarding policies, employee performance, work environment and conflict issues.
- Oversee annual review process.
- Maintain diversity initiatives and outreach for CBS Sports.
- Participate and assist in the Corporation's annual compensation events.
- Assist in the recruitment efforts and new hire processes which includes development of job descriptions, creation of diversity recruitment strategies, posting, background verifications and candidate interviews. Liaise with the hiring manager and the Talent Acquisition group for all open positions, including internships.
- Manage CBS Sports' volunteer and community outreach events.
- Minimum 7 years direct HR business partner experience.
- Experience in employee relations and handling full cycle investigations.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment; strong collaboration skills with peers and corporate HR partners.
- Proven track record of successfully working at all levels of the organization, demonstrating influence and client consulting skills with employees, managers and senior leadership.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and statutes which govern policies and practices of hiring, compensation and benefits and general employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled