Director, Current ProgrammingApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Studio City, CA, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
- Support the management of Current Programming on multiple shows to help cultivate unique, compelling and brand-appropriate scripted series content.
- Support the creative development of existing shows, which involves but is not limited to:
- Reading & giving notes on stories, outlines and scripts.
- Watching dailies and rough cuts, and giving notes.
- On-set coverage of productions when necessary.
- Serving as a facilitator, arbitrator, mediator, coach, tie-breaker, etc. with talent.
- Seek direct feedback from Head of Current Programming on work related priorities.
- Collaborate with other departments on various issues as needed (Business Affairs, S&P, PR, Marketing, Digital Media, etc.).
- Manage special projects and assignments as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- Significant experience working at a network or studio in development or current programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the scripted series production process.
- Demonstrated creative and story development skills.
- Self-motivated to develop new ideas.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to multitask and manage complex projects.
- Strong PC skills with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of television production.
- Effective time management skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled