CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Studio City, CA, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The Director, Accounting will oversee all accounting functions, as well as administration of General Accounting, Payroll & Facility Billing, Accounts Payable and Supply Station ("Store") departments at CBS Studio Center.
- Directly supervise General Ledger accounting, including Cashier, Fixed Asset and Job Accounting, Accounts Payable, Inventory Control, Accounts Receivable, Credit Collections, Facility Billing, and Purchasing and Stores.
- Compliance with all CBS accounting procedures, practices and policies.
- Tax administration; compliance with local, state and federal tax codes.
- Lease contract administration.
- Compliance with mortgage terms and conditions.
- Primary check signer; Accounts Payable.
- Liaison with internal and outside auditors, CBS management and Studio Department Heads.
- Ensure the existence and adequacy of Internal Controls.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- BA degree in Accounting and Certified Public Accountant.
- Prior experience with on-line accounting systems, supervision, management and administration.
- Strong background in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board rulings (FASB)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled