Digital / Social Media ProducerApply
Seeking a smart, creative, and enthusiastic Digital Producer with a strong passion for journalism. This position includes multi-media acquisition of news content and its distribution, heavy editing of web videos, text on screen and the creation of graphics.
The position requires proficiency with social media - including, but not limited to - Facebook, Facebook Live, Twitter, Periscope, Snapchat, Instagram, Instagram Stories, 360, and YouTube. The Digital Producer must have the ability to take a traditional news story and turn it into a web video that has the potential to get a lot of engagement on social platforms as well as handle field shoots and edits.
The Producer will be required to write copy and edit videos. They must be up to date on all social technology and always be looking for what is the next best thing.
The ideal candidate is a team player with exceptional organizational skills, is detail-oriented, and has the ability to both multi-task and keep a calm head under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
This position may include night and weekend responsibilities.
- 3+ years experience in broadcast, cable or digital news preferred.
- Knowledge of broadcast networks and stations/markets a plus.
- Available to work various schedules.
- Knowledge of various social media platforms
- Experience with 360 cameras
- Excellent written and oral communication skills a must.
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, After Effects.
- Degree in broadcast journalism or related field preferred.