DOT Compliance ManagerApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Studio City, CA, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The DOT Compliance Manager manages and administers DOT compliance operation for all CBS Television Studios productions.
- Interface with CHP, U.S. DOT and Canadian Ministry of Transportation officials.
- Create and maintain driver qualification files which include employment applications, driver license endorsements, medical certificates, DMV notices and 10 year employment history for approximately 1,600 drivers.
- Create and maintain vehicle files for approximately 1,000 leased and rented equipment nationally.
- Confirm driver participation in DOT approved Pre-employment and Random Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
- Audit and maintain driver DOT logs and timecards per DOT Hours of Service Regulations.
- Remain informed of all U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier and Canadian Transportation Ministry safety regulations.
- Liaison between production companies, transportation coordinators, Industrial Relations department and Contract Service Administration Trust Fund (CSATF).
- Represent CBS as member of CSATF Transportation Committee.
- Act as the company’s Designated Employer Representative of Drug and Alcohol Testing Program.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Prior knowledge of U.S. DOT and Canadian Ministry of Transportation regulations.
- Proficiency in the use of TransWorks, a proprietary software used to perform various DOT required functions.
- Strong PC skills in local area network with Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled