CBS Entertainment is responsible for acquiring or developing and scheduling the entertainment programming presented on the CBS Television Network, which includes primetime comedy and drama series, reality-based programming, theatrical films, specials, children’s programs, daytime dramas, game shows, talk shows and late night programs.
CBS is looking to expand its Casting Department.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creative participation in the casting process, from attaching leads to casting series regulars and guest stars.
- Maintain strong relationships with industry agents and managers to access the best talent for CBS.
- Collaborate effectively and creatively with the CBS Casting Executives at Network and Studio in LA, and the individual Casting Directors working on CBS shows.
- Coordinate high volume of auditions for multiple projects.
- Identify and track up-and-coming talent by covering theater, comedy venues, showcases and local festivals.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise multiple interns.
- Spearhead talent searches outside of the established professional channels to create acting opportunities for underrepresented populations.
- At least 4 years of experience in the casting field or equivalent related industry experience.
- Strong, established relationships with agents and managers.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the casting process (breakdowns, availabilities, audition technique, taping and uploading clips).
- An interest in communicating with actors and nurturing talent.
- Demonstrated multitasking skills.
- Creative and collaborative mindset for identifying opportunities and solving problems.