Business Manager, CBS News Business AffairsApply
The position is responsible for the administration of over 600 on-air and off-air employee personal services agreements for the Network News division. The Manager will interact with Finance, Talent Development, Human Resources and Labor Relations providing them with various deal points and reports. The successful candidate will possess a combination of skills including contract review, manage and analyze a high volume of data, generate reports and provide personnel data.
- Review contracts and summarize the deal points.
- Assure compliance with contract stipulations.
- Prepare comprehensive reports to promote the ongoing review of talent salaries, positions, expiration dates and negotiation windows.
- Attend senior management planning sessions to overview expiring contracts and talent development.
- Research precedents for unusual contract requests.
- Manage and maintain databases for deal points and talent contracts.
- Liaise and answer queries from Finance, News, HR, Labor Relations and Tax.
- Ad hoc projects as needed.
- BA or BS degree
- 5 – 7 years of experience in contract management, legal services, HR/Compensation or a related field
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills with the ability to manipulate large data sets
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Highly proficient in MS Excel and MS Office
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with a legal contract management system is a plus