Associate Producer, White HouseApply
The CBS News White House unit is seeking an Associate Producer with strong reporting skills to cover the White House. Utilizing sound editorial/ news judgement He/She will have a demonstrated ability to cultivate sources, cover events across the administration and write for CBSNews.com.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ of journalism experience, and the ability to thrive in a deadline driven news environment. He/She will have superior writing, editing and research skills, and the ability to book interviews. Understanding how traditional news stories translate into great digital content, He/She will write stories for CBSNews.com.
- Cultivate sources and cover events across the administration
- Write stories for broadcast and CBSNews.com, keeping within brand
- Edit taped packages, research and book interviews
- 5+ years’ experience working in a deadline driven, news environment; television experience preferred
- Highly developed relationship building skills
- Strong editorial/news judgement with ability to turn packages around quickly
- Strong writing and editing skills; Avid preferred
- Ability to travel and work weekends on short notice when necessary
- Broadcast and Digital experience preferred
- College degree in broadcast journalism, history, or political science strongly preferred