Associate Director, Operations & Engineering - Media DistributionApply
CBS Business Unit: CBS Television Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 130 million people a week during the 2012/2013 season. The Network has the #1 drama/scripted program, NCIS; #1 sitcom, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports.
The Associate Director supports the Director in the daily management of the CBS Media Distribution Center. The Media Distribution Center operates 24/7 and is the Play-to-Air facility for both the CBS and CW Networks, as well as the home base for both networks Video-on-Demand operations.
- Oversee direct reports which include: Technical Mgr; Manager, Video-on-Demand; Video-on-Demand System Administrator; Scheduling Administrator; Assistant Scheduler. Supervise 44+ Union personnel with knowledge of both Directors Guild of America (DGA) and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) contracts
- Interface with all departments involved in the play-to-air operation, some of which include: Broadcast Control; Sales; Program Practices; Program Coordination; Marketing & Promotion; Broadcast Distribution; News; Sports; Engineering. Establish working relationships between CBS Advanced Services, CW Marketing Administration & Operations, Multi-channel Video Programming Distributors (MVPD) and Over-the-Top Providers to ensure that Cablelabs 1.1 specifications regarding metadata and transcodes are met for the creation and distribution of Video-on-Demand assets
- Manage Budgets, Financial Reports, Advanced Planning, Special Events
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent training and experience in Broadcast Network Production and Operations
- Operations management experience in a Master Control environment with technical proficiency and knowledge of Automation and File delivery systems and hardware, both on premise and in a Cloud environment
- Working knowledge of Personnel and Facility scheduling systems (ie: Xytech Enterprise/MediaPulse) Microsoft Office, Powerpoint
- Past involvement with large scale technical installations and workflows is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled